Dunken pump provides us with an “preliminary” estimate for a treatment system to produce 5-7 gallons per minute by using a settling tank to drop out sediment before sand filtering.
Dunken’s recommended system might look something like this:
Not at all to scale
With sales tax Dunken “preliminarily” estimating $31,000
The Dunken estimate includes or does not include:
- Slab only – no covering building/shed
- Does not include electrical panels, outlets, wiring, installation.
- Only one solution tank and dosing pump (The Halden system uses two solution tanks and two dosing pumps. A truely effective system might need three sets)
- No mixing apparatus (mixing solution in the settling tank is recommended)
- No accounting from calibration time (this can be significant as effective flocculation is a mixture of science and art).
- Does not include well pump and motor, well piping or installation.
- Does not include Ozone system for purification and final clarification polish.
A more comprehensive system might look like this: